14 Şubat 2013 Perşembe

In Bed With the Devil by Lorraine Heath - Review

To contact us Click HERE

The Blurb - They call him the Devil Earl—a scoundrel and accused murderer who grew up on the violent London streets. A proper young lady risks more than her reputation when consorting with the roguishly handsome Lucian Langdon, but Lady Catherine Mabry believes she has no choice. To protect those she loves, she would do anything—even strike a bargain with the devil himself.
Lucian desires respectability and a wife above all else, but the woman of his choosing lacks the social graces to be accepted by the aristocracy. Catherine can help Lucian gain everything he wants. But what she asks for in exchange will put their very lives in jeopardy. When danger closes in, Catherine discovers a man of immense passion and he discovers a woman of immeasurable courage. As secrets from his dark past are revealed, Lucian begins to question everything he knows to be true, including the yearnings of his own heart.(From Goodreads)
The Cover - Ooh la la, I like this cover! It's lovely and pink, with a touch of sexy! Another gorgeous romance cover. I feel like the romance genre as a whole has really been stepping it's game up when it comes to book covers.
The Review - I'm on a major romance bender at the moment (what does that say about my love life?!). This is my first Lorraine Heath book, and I really enjoyed it. The best thing about this book was definitely Lucian! I love a bad boy with a heart, and he was all that and more. He had just that tiny bit of self-doubt that makes you want to comfort him and make him feel better, without being too sappy or pitiable. The chemistry between Lucian and Catherine was present from the very beginning, and I adored all of their scenes together. They were so flirty and always joking around together, which was so much fun to read! I really liked that their relationship slowly developed from strangers, to friends, to something more over the course of the novel, and wasn't just another case of insta-love.

What made this book better than a lot of romances I've read this year was that the secondary characters were well developed. I loved Lucian's childhood friends, particularly Jack Dodger (cannot
wait to read his book!) and their interactions with Lucian and each other were so amusing. They, and the other background characters, were very well fleshed out, and throughout the book I found myself hoping they would be in the next scene.

In Bed with the Devil
was filled with intrigue and interesting characters. I love the idea of a whole group of Oliver-esque one time street urchins finding love, so I will definitely be reading the rest of the books in the Scoundrels of St. James series. From the very beginning I was desperate for Lucian and Catherine to get together, and their mature, humorous interactions were a delight to read. Seeing them both grow and become confident within themselves while finding love was so sweet, and I am very excited to see what the author has in store for the other characters!

I really enjoyed this one. 3 1/2 Roses!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder