14 Şubat 2013 Perşembe

Heiress Without a Cause by Sara Ramsey - Review

To contact us Click HERE

The Blurb - A disgraced son with a dark reputation, William “Ferguson” Avenel is content to live in exile – until his father dies in the scandal of the Season. With rumors of insanity swirling around them, his sisters desperately need a chaperone. Ferguson thinks he’s found the most proper woman in England – and he won’t ruin her, even if he secretly desires the passionate woman trapped beneath a spinster’s cap.

Lady Madeleine Vaillant can’t face her blighted future without making one glorious memory for herself. In disguise, on a London stage, she finds all the adoration she never felt from the ton. But when she’s nearly recognized, she will do anything to hide her identity – even setting up her actress persona as Ferguson’s mistress. She’ll take the pleasure he offers, but Madeleine won’t lose her heart in the bargain.

Every stolen kiss could lead to discovery, and Ferguson’s old enemies are determined to ruin them both. But as their dangerous passion ignites their hearts and threatens their futures, how can an heiress who dreams of freedom deny the duke who demands her love?(From Goodreads)
The Cover - What a lovely cover. It's pretty and flirtatious, the way I think a romance cover should be. I hate when romance covers are too over the top and sexy, and this one is sassy without being vulgar. Plus the series logo is just so adorable, and how gorgeous is that dress?!

The Review -
Heiress Without a Cause is the first book in the Muses of Mayfair series. I can honestly say that I can't wait to read the rest of this series! While I liked Madeleine a lot, the other Muses just grabbed my attention, particularly Ellie. This book was just filled with fun characters that I really wanted to read about! From Madeleine's independent and intelligent friends, to her sweet aunt with a hidden fiery streak, to Ferguson's misunderstood younger sisters, all of the characters were very likable, and it's safe to say that I would read a book about each of them.

Speaking of characters, I adored Ferguson! He was a great "tortured hero", and he had that super protective streak that I like in my male characters (though not so much in real life!). And he was a red-head, which is a rarity in a male romance lead! He was also very open with the way he felt about Madeleine from the start, which I loved. I hate it when the lead characters umm and aah over the way they feel about each other in books, so it was nice to read about a man who knew what he wanted! I also enjoyed the flirty interactions between Madeleine and Ferguson; their banter added quite a bit of humour to the book.

What I loved the most about Heiress Without a Cause, and what I can already tell that I will love about the entire series, is the fact that each of the female leads have a true passion for something other than the men that they are falling for. Madeleine was desperate to act, so act she did! It was fantastic to see her doing what she wanted to regardless of society's expectations of her as a spinster, and it was also great to see Ferguson support her dreams and not destroy them. Madeleine's dream of acting led to a really exciting story line and many scenes that were a joy to read!

Heiress Without a Cause is the first Sara Ramsey book I have read, and I found it to be a very likable quick read. Bursting with scheming and intrigue, with a sweet and sensual romance to boot, it was a superb start to what looks to be an interesting series. The second book, Scotsmen Prefer Blondes, is already out, and I will definitely be reading it as soon as I can!


A fun and easy read. 3.5 Roses!Thank you to the publisher for providing me with an ebook copy of this novel.


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder