19 Şubat 2013 Salı

A new look at an old favourite...

To contact us Click HERE

I recently came across this little article on the Random House website, and I immediately wanted to share the exciting news with you all! 
We all know and love Jane Austen, right? Pride and Prejudice is the number one pick more often than not when women discuss their favourite books, and it's the one Austen novel that nearly everyone has read. Being as resoundingly popular as it is, there have since been hundreds, if not thousands of sequels, fan fics, retellings, and even movie and TV versions of this classic. But not in a long time have I heard of one that has really gotten me excited. Then I read about Longbourn.
Billed as "a retelling of Pride and Prejudice from the servant's point of view", it seems quite Downton Abbey-esque. Being such a huge Downton fan myself, hearing about this book has made me wonder why I never thought of what the servants view of the drama in Pride and Prejudice would be.
What would they have thought of the totally babin' Bingley coming to Longbourn? And can you imagine the gossip below-stairs when Lydia ran away with you-know-who?! 
As well as this, according to the official announcement "Longbourn will highlight the constant chaos swirling downstairs, the preparation for lavish balls, and the housekeeper’s real thoughts about the family patriarch. But it will also reveal the tragic consequences of the Napoleonic Wars and focus on a romance between a newly arrived footman and a housemaid, the novel’s main characters.”
I'm so excited for all of this and more when Jo Baker's Longbourn hits shelves this August!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder