18 Haziran 2012 Pazartesi

Yours Until Dawn by Teresa Medeiros - Review

To contact us Click HERE

The Blurb - Gabriel Fairchild's valor during battle earns him the reputation of hero, but costs him both his sight and his hope for the future. Abandoned by the fiancée he adored, the man who once walked like a prince among London's elite secludes himself in his family's mansion, cursing his way through dark days and darker nights.
Prim nurse Samantha Wickersham arrives at Fairchild Park to find her new charge behaving more like a beast than a man. Determined to do her duty, she engages the arrogant earl in a battle of both wit and wills. Although he claims she doesn't possess an ounce of womanly softness, she can feel his heart racing at her slightest touch. As Samantha begins to let the light back into Gabriel's life and his heart, they both discover that some secrets - and some pleasures - are best explored in the dark...(From Goodreads)
The Cover - I really like the bold oranges and yellows of this cover! It makes it stand out and the colours aren't something I've seen on many books. I also like the fact that this looks less like your typical romance novel and more like a historical fiction. Always a plus when you're reading your romance out in public!
The  Review - This was such a great book! I love romance novels, and this was definitely one of my favourites. It was both romantic and interesting, and the thread of mystery running through the novel really added to the story. I've noticed that lately I've been reading romance (and YA) novels that have more to them than just a 'love story'. I think that I'm getting a bit bored reading the same sort of story over and over again, and this book was one of those that's got a bit going on. 
I loved the whole premise of this story... the dark, damaged war hero who falls for his prim and proper nurse. Perfect! It was great to see Gabriel become happy once again, and to see Samantha get her man in the end. And oh my gosh, the end! I so did not see that coming! I won't give anything away, but there was a big twist that I was not expecting.
This was such a good book - a comfortable read full of romance and mystery, and super cute to boot. I so want to read a few more of Medeiros's books; I really liked her style of writing. I've had an ebook copy of Yours Until Dawn on my computer for ages, and I'm so glad I finally decided to read it. The story kept me interested and I adore any romance where an injured war hero finds love! If you love books like that as much as I do, I definitely recommend this one.
Loved this! So sweet. 4 Roses!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder