18 Haziran 2012 Pazartesi

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry - Review

To contact us Click HERE

The Blurb - No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal. But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible. Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.(From Goodreads)
The Cover - How fantastic is this cover?! It's so different, and there's so much chemistry between that couple! I also love that it's not all pretty and girly like a lot of YA romance covers these days, because this book is not pretty and girly at all!.
The Review - Wow, this book is something else... and I mean that in a good way! YA isn't usually my thing. I'll read a whole lot of historical fiction and romance, then come back to YA, and this book reminded me why I love the genre, and why I do continue to keep coming back. It's everything you want in a contemporary young adult book: it's sexy, dramatic, and something a little bit different. And did I mention that I read this in a few hours? It was that good!
Echo and Noah (Oh my gosh, Noah. What is it with Noahs these days?!) are seriously amazing together. Their chemistry was undeniably hot throughout the whole novel, and they related to each other so well. I loved how "there for each other" they were; they had a deep emotional connection, yet it still felt real to me as a reader. I really loved that they didn't become co-dependant on each other either. I'm getting so sick of seeing that in books these days, so it was refreshing to read a YA without it happening. Oh, and don't even get me started on Noah himself! Tatted-up bad boy is so my type, and he had a hidden sweet side to him too. Perfect! Also, I thought that Katie McGarry managed to voice both characters distinctly and realistically - it felt like two totally different authors were writing.
Pushing the Limits is unlike many of the other YA romance novels around today. There is no "insta-love" and definitely no love triangle - there's just Echo and Noah, and all the crazy drama and baggage that came along with them. Irrefutably dark and gritty, this isn't a fluffy romance, yet there is still that oh so necessary happily-ever-after that every reader secretly craves. Pushing the Limits is one of those rare books that manages to be both deep and very dramatic, yet still remain a true love story at heart. 
This book was so good! 4 Roses.
Pushing the Limits is available on July 31. Also, look out for the spin-off Dare You To, coming next year!Thank you to Harlequin for providing me with an e-book copy. 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder