18 Haziran 2012 Pazartesi

Musing Mondays #2

To contact us Click HERE

This week’s Musing Mondays asks… 
Do you think the book cover is “dead”? Do you care whether the “covers” on digital books exist or not?

I hate the idea that the book cover could die! I'll admit, what usually attracts me to a book, whether it's online, in a book store, or in the library, is the cover. If the cover is bad, I usually won't even pick up the book unless the title really intrigues me or its been recommended to me. Call me shallow, but if a book isn't pretty on the outside then I'll assume it isn't pretty on the inside either! 
I think that as long as books are around, then the book cover is necessary. Also, one of the main reasons that I don't read digital books is because they just don't look good. So if an ebook doesn't even have a cover, I wouldn't even go there! So yes I care, and I actually care more than I thought I would. Why does everything have to be so technological advanced these days? Can't we just take books as they were meant to be - paperbacks and hardbacks with beautiful covers and crisp pages that smell amazing when they're old. Maybe it's just me, but I think that change is not always a good thing.
The death of the book cover is definitely something to think about...
What do you think? Is the book cover dead to you?You can participate in Musing Mondays here!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder