3 Ekim 2012 Çarşamba

Austentatious by Alyssa Goodnight - Review

To contact us Click HERE

The Synopsis - In this quirky, sexy novel set against the lively, music-filled backdrop of Austin, Texas, a young woman learns that romance can wreak havoc with even the best laid plans... It started innocently enough. While browsing in one of Austin's funky little shops, Nicola James is intrigued by a blank vintage journal she finds hidden among a set of Jane Austen novels. Even though Nic is a straight-laced engineer, she's still a sucker for anything Austen-esque. But her enthusiasm quickly turns to disbelief once she starts writing in the journal-because somehow, it's writing her back...
Miss Nicola James will be sensible and indulge in a little romance. 
Those twelve tiny words hit Nic like a thunderbolt, as if her diary was channeling Austen herself! Itching for a bit of excitement, Nic decides to follow her "Fairy Jane's" advice. The result: a red-hot romance with a sexy Scottish musician who charms his way into Nic's heart in about five seconds flat. Sean MacInnes is warm, funny, and happens to think Nic is the most desirable woman he's ever met. But a guy like Sean doesn't exactly fit into her Life Plan. With no one but Fairy Jane to guide her, Nic must choose between the life she thought she wanted-and the kind of happy ending she never saw coming...(From Goodreads)
The Cover - After reading the book, this cover is so different to what it could have been! I suppose it goes back to that whole "magic in the real world" kind of thing though... Maybe a more "magical" cover would have been childish. But I do love the layout, and the choice of colours. It really puts me in mind of the Texas heat! 
The Review - Honestly, I'm not usually a fan of modern day Austen adaptions. Austentatious is one of the very few that have excited me lately, so I decided to read it as part of the Austen in August challenge. This book is also one of the first that I've read that have been set in Texas. I'm a lover of all things Southern, and Texas is sort of Southern, right? So I was actually pretty excited to see this book at my local library. And having finished it, I am definitely happy that I did decide to give it a go!

Austentatious is a contemporary romance with a slightly supernatural twist. I love the whole idea behind this story; after all, who hasn't dreamed of owning a diary that gives you love advice from Jane Austen herself?! Amazing! I love me a some magical realism, and this book had it in spades.

Set in Austin, Texas, the self-proclaimed city of weird, this novel tells the story of Nicola, who has all but given up on the idea of spontaneous, passionate love. Unsurprisingly (to the reader, that is) Nicola's love life unexpectedly heats up when she begins to follow the advice of her magical diary, and meets Sean, a sexy Scot who is every woman's dream! The romance between these two did feel slightly rushed to me, but I loved their funny, interesting interactions, and the way that Sean really lets his emotions show. This definitely made a change for me, as in most of the romances I've read it's the woman baring her heart, and not the other way round.

What I expected to be another predictable, slightly fluffy Austen adaption turned out to be a modern, magical love story that kept me entranced from beginning to end. This was a quick read for me, but one that was so much fun! Light and romantic, this is the perfect chick lit novel to sit back with on a warm summer's day. Austentatious is a sweet story, and one that ended with the perfect opening for a sequel, which I would love to read!

Such a delightful book! 4 Roses!


I really loved this quote from the book, so I thought I'd share it with you all...


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder